PDA

View Full Version : FUSION & NUKE EXR files?

klanderud
09-13-2007, 03:37 PM
:cry: I am having a problem with the demo version of Fusion and I am unable to view the EXR files, once in a while I am able to open one, but I still only see a few channels such as RGBA and Z. On the other hand, with the demo version of Nuke I can see all 66+ channels. Is it because the Fusion I am using is a little old (v5.02) or is it not available for the demo version.

Lightwolf
09-13-2007, 03:51 PM
In Fusion you have to select the channels beyound RGBA that you'd like to use in the loader.
You should also get a newer demo version, it is at 5.2 now and has slightly better openEXR handling.

Cheers,
Mike

Lightwolf
09-13-2007, 03:51 PM
Erm, one last question... which openEXR saver did you use? NewTeks only writes RGBA.

Cheers,
Mike

klanderud
09-13-2007, 04:03 PM
I have been using exr files from other programs. That kind of scares me, because exr is so useful, I have not tried Lightwave version of it yet, I am going to have to really look into that.

Thanks for the reply

Lightwolf
09-13-2007, 04:15 PM
I have been using exr files from other programs. That kind of scares me, because exr is so useful, I have not tried Lightwave version of it yet, I am going to have to really look into that.

Thanks for the reply
Well, you can use the LW buffer save to save multiple exrs containing the buffers you need.
Plug: Then there is always exrTrader of course ;)

Cheers,
Mike

klanderud
09-13-2007, 04:24 PM
Yes, I saw the plugin link and its well priced.
Thanks for the link.

Lightwolf
09-13-2007, 04:29 PM
Yes, I saw the plugin link and its well priced.
Actually, I think it is too cheap :D

Cheers and thanks,
Mike