PDA

View Full Version : Prob w/Bone_Morph

PixelFarmer
09-13-2007, 10:27 AM
I'm using the morph along bones technique to bend a mesh travelling thru a tube (stent thru an artery to be specific). However, the mesh is not bending tightly along the bones.
The bones are layed out in the positive Z direction, and the mesh is morphed along positive Z also. I have zeroed out all the rest rotations of the bones and have "use morphed positions" checked. Not sure what else to try. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanx.

Dodgy
09-13-2007, 11:06 AM
At first glance it looks like the Bone falloff setting is wrong.

PixelFarmer
09-13-2007, 11:10 AM
Update:
I discovered that if "Convert Skelegons to Bones" doesn't place the bones into a hierarchy, the morph-along-bones technique fails (in addition to other odd behavior), if it does put them into a hierarchy, then the deformations work as they should. The next question is what causes it to create a hierarchy vs. not creating a hierarchy. There appears to be a bug here, because when I load a mesh into a scene w/other objects, convert skelegons doesn't create a hierarchy, but when I load the same object into an empty scene, convert skelegons does create a hierarchy. So for now the strategy is to create separate scenes and use Load from Scene, which has its own set of bugs...
M

adamredwoods
09-15-2007, 11:18 AM
Would Dodgy's "MGUpdateBones" plugin help in this matter?