PDA

View Full Version : EYEonline makes it very difficult to transfer ownership

zebrafish
09-13-2007, 10:13 AM
Watch out for those people,

I just sold my video toaster, including DFX+4, and am having problems
with eyeonline. Now, after I sold the thing, the CS rep is telling me there
is a $195 fee to transfer ownership, and wants a PO number, and wants
proof from the buyer that the buyer is actually buying it.

pardon my language, but WTF????

And this was after the same CS rep at eyeonline made some vague
suggestion that the direvctor of sales would get back to me about it,
(after mailing me the form to fill out),who then never did, and I thinking everything was fine, went ahead and auctioned my toaster. This is bad,
really bad. I am so pissed.

Be very very careful dealing with eyeonline, because they are very
defensive, and uninformed.

Red_Oddity
09-13-2007, 06:12 PM
This is quite normal when dealing with license transfers.

Can't say i have had any trouble with eyeon, couple of months ago when buying a license from someone else all went very smooth(they called me, i gave 'm information and wired the money,day later the deal was done), come to think of it, their support has been nothing but stellar so far.

I'd say call Tracey A. Richard who is operations manager at eyeon software and get this sorted out.

Qexit
09-14-2007, 02:45 PM
I'll have to remember that info about the license transfer fee....as it isn't mentioned anywhere on their site as far as I can see. Also, I see they use a fairly typical 'international retail exchange rate' on their prices :tsktsk:

For example:

DFX+ 4 with Modules to DFX+ 5 = $495 = 495 Euros = 355 (UK pounds)

i.e. $495 = $686 in Europe = $712 in the UK

I wont be selling my copy of DFX+ 4 anytime soon as no-one in the UK has heard of it, but I can't see me upgrading it anytime soon either at those exchange rates :thumbsdow

zebrafish
09-14-2007, 10:32 PM
This is quite normal when dealing with license transfers.

Can't say i have had any trouble with eyeon, couple of months ago when buying a license from someone else all went very smooth(they called me, i gave 'm information and wired the money,day later the deal was done), come to think of it, their support has been nothing but stellar so far.

I'd say call Tracey A. Richard who is operations manager at eyeon software and get this sorted out.

Tracey A. Richard did not helped me, and neither has Michael Bailey.
So who's his boss?

zebrafish
09-14-2007, 10:34 PM
Well.... they told me that in order to upgrade from 4.0 to 5.2 (full version of Fusion) that I would have to pay the upgrade price AND the new subscription fee - $495 + $395. Be thankful you don't have the full version of Fusion - If I wanted to sell the package to someone it would cost $995 to transfer the license! If I was transferring it within the same company it would only cost me $195. WHY would I pay money to transfer a license within my own company? It has a dongle. All I need to do is install it on another machine.

I really am getting to NOT like Eye-On. Yes, it's typical of many companies to have maintenance fees, but this just feels a little too much like extortion. I have to pay $890 just to get the latest version of Fusion. I was very much looking to use the 64bit version but now that will probably never happen. I soooo like Newtek and their upgrade policy!

I'm curious....when did you say they told you it was $995 to transfer?

inquisitive
09-15-2007, 12:48 AM
I believe he is talking about the full version, not the + version.

zebrafish
09-15-2007, 10:10 AM
I believe he is talking about the full version, not the + version.

yes I know, there is not much info available about a transfer fee for
DFX+4.

I'm writing my letter to the CEO and feeling a little better. Monday
should be, um, interesting.