PDA

View Full Version : Audio Problems...

mrpapabeis
09-13-2007, 06:44 AM
I have posted this on a few different forums. Perhaps some of the lateral thinkers here can help. I was recently forced to upgrade from OS 3.9 to 10.4.10. I updated QT to 7.2 and it killed my "Synth eyes" matchmoving software. So I had to upgrade to 10. Anyway everything seemd to be fine. Untill I opened Digital Performer (Audio App). when I hit record... it crashes (of course). I tried hitting play. Same thing. OK. I open Quicktime (QT). I have the pro version. Open up "audio recording". You guessed it. It crashes. OK. So maybee the Firewire drivers on my M-audio box. De-install reinstall. Still crashes. Go to the audio panel. Switch the Inputs and outputs to internal, bypassing my external audio box entirely. Still crashes. Any ideas?

GP

Chilton
09-13-2007, 07:57 AM
Hi GP,

I'd look at anything that installs its own audio drivers as a suspect here. Any third party audio apps? And what happens if you uninstall the M-audio drivers, and try using the internal audio then?

-Chilton

mrpapabeis
09-13-2007, 12:54 PM
Chilton,

Tried what you suggested, but no... Still crashes. The "Quicktime expert" at Apple says I have to update all my 3rd party audio apps. What a pain. Still waiting for MOTU to call me back with the registration. They have some new elaborate registration procedures. Of course my serial # isn't being recognized.

The good news is that the UB version is rendering collision particles now. So that allows me to proceed with Shot_FX02 of "Dead Americans". Some progress....

Thanx

GP

campbellpro
09-13-2007, 08:17 PM
which version of dp

mrpapabeis
09-14-2007, 06:53 AM
It's DP 4.21

GP