PDA

View Full Version : DiscreetFX Product Demo Video now on YouTube

DiscreetFX
09-12-2007, 11:42 PM
I have added a demo video of our products to YouTube, we can also send you a higher quality version on DVD for free if you own SpeedEDIT, VT[4] and or any version of the TriCaster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbM8UL-fuec

*Pete*
09-13-2007, 04:21 AM
you should put a warning...people suffering from epilepsy (spell?) should not watch it :D

DiscreetFX
09-13-2007, 09:06 AM
:agree:

Yes, your right *Pete*. Normally you would never use that many effects in one three minute video. Most productions use these types of effects sparely, maybe 1-3 total per production. Of course there are a few exceptions like Home Improvement. For this video we had no choice but to use a ton of them so customers can see what there getting. There is a fine line when using digital video effects in your production. Use too many and it may look tacky but a few here and there will spice it up. It's best to match them to appropriately matched video, like sports event footage with a few SportsFX wipes at just the right spots.

robewil
09-13-2007, 09:18 AM
The Video Toaster Lives!

In the early part of the demo with the aviation, it was sometimes hard to distinguish the effects from the footage. There were too many planes flying across the screen.

Ironically, when you get to the sports effects, you have the opposite issue where the effects don't match the footage. You have a baseball and race car moving across football footage.

P.S. I didn't see any falling sheep effect. What's an effect package without that? :)

DiscreetFX
09-13-2007, 09:31 AM
@robewil

Good observation, I'll let the editor of the footage know.

Jim_C
09-13-2007, 09:33 AM
Let's hope Newtek follows your great idea and gets a couple VT5 demos posted somewhere soon.

Nice idea Bill!

Hope it helps sales and we all get that Newtek programmer! :)