PDA

View Full Version : Video preview cache

Videonut
06-26-2003, 01:01 PM
I have been doing several projects that will have an hour on the timeline. After a period of time, I get an error message saying that my drive is full and that I need to change the video preview cache path. When I minimize the T2 window and look on my system drive, it has filled the balance of my drive with cache files.

Can anyone tell me the exact location in my preferences this is located and can it be mapped to a drive other than the system drive?

B. Schuster
06-26-2003, 01:32 PM
Look in "Preferences" just above "Exit Video Toaster"

there is a section Under DDR and Toasteredit called DDR cache path & Ted cache path, Enter the path in the space provided.

Scott Bates
06-26-2003, 04:02 PM
Beware however, that you want the cache on a video drive since the Toaster uses those files in a project just like any video clip, they need the bandwidth to play the project properly. The real solution is to make space or add more video drive storage and keep the cache there.

Videonut
06-27-2003, 07:48 AM
Would there be any issues putting the cache on the same video array that the project is using. I am always wary about putting backup files on my video array. I did map it to another single drive and so far so good. I am in the process of putting a second raid array in my computer and that would be a good place for the cache storage.

B. Schuster
06-27-2003, 09:37 AM
Any drive that will play video ok should work.

Be aware that if you run the "AutoConfigure" that setting will most likely change, at least it does on mine, and you will need to change the path back.