PDA

View Full Version : Preview and dopesheet dosent work.

Mulle
09-11-2007, 02:22 PM
A couple of days ago i experience a really scary thing about my Lightwave 9.0. :lwicon: I was in the middle of animating my character and should edit some parts with move some keys with help of the scene editor, before that i used the IKBooster alot and when i exit the IKB tool to move the keys in the scene editor's dope sheet it was blank and only the zero number was visible, but nothing more. Then i tried to look at the animation directly in the editor by pressing play button down at the right. It jump direct to some random keys and ended up at the minus frames.

http://www.3dim.se/clownjam/datas/users/1-lwproblem.jpg

I tried to make a hole new scene but the problem followed by. Then i tried to load a old scene, those worked well, nothing wrong there. But when i clear the scene and try by hand move a simple object it was there again. I took my time to search in every settings and compare to the working .lws files, i didnt found anything at all.

I belive it might just be a small setting somewere that i did change somehow but cant find it or is it worse. Please help me to get my LW to work again, thanks!

omeone
09-11-2007, 03:16 PM
If youre using IKB, you don't need to use the Dope Sheet, just flip up the Dope Track above the Timeline, set the Keyframe mode to All items and work away.

Mulle
09-11-2007, 03:20 PM
Now i am feeling me alot more at ease, but even more stupid. Found the problem right now after i wrote this message. I didnt check the rate of frames per second. It was 30 000 frames / sec. And that was it, after two days of turning lightwave upside down and it was so simple. My animation was killed when i turn it back to 30/sec. But now it works again. :hey:

Thanks anyway, i have only own LW for a half year and have alot more to learn!

Edit: Oh thanks for the tip, its just so new to me, shall try it right away! :)