PDA

View Full Version : internal buffers too small for requested operation Error

Demiurge
09-11-2007, 01:13 PM
trying to subtract one cylinder from another to make a hollow cylinder.

royL
09-11-2007, 03:31 PM
copy the cilinder in another layer, then flip the poligons so the normals point inward. After that you can just scale it or use smooth scale, use the previous layer with the original cilinder as background for reference.

Other method is using a plugin like thickener or similar, you can find more info on Flay.com

Have fun:thumbsup:

royL
09-11-2007, 03:46 PM
paste the scaled cilinder back with the original cilinder, so you can cut it or make holes to see the interior.

Another method is using Lathe, make a prifile with the pen, pencil, path, or wathever method you like, then use the Lathe tool to make the cilinder.

Have fun:thumbsup:

Demiurge
09-11-2007, 06:29 PM
why can not boolean just work. Seems that it can only do so many booleans before i get this error. I have to restart lightwave to use boolean again.

toby
09-12-2007, 01:55 AM
Booleans make crappy models anyway. They've never been very good in LW - but there's very few programs where they're good

royL
09-14-2007, 10:14 PM
I agree, I saw FormZ doing pretty good booleans, but in lw you better try something else

scabooba
10-10-2008, 12:20 PM
He's talking about the repeated "internal buffers to small" message. I'm sure there are other ways to do it. But I get this ALOT when I'm trying to 3d text or something. Why? THis is not something I got in lightwave 8. It's a bug.

pdrake
10-10-2008, 12:56 PM
i've found that lw can't seem to properly sub divide or triple some models properly through the booolean function. if you triple/subd your model before the boolean operation it usually works.