PDA

View Full Version : New Install Help needed

nzcoaster
09-11-2007, 05:21 AM
Hi there

I would like to install Lightwave in an optimum way
I have Lightwave 8.3 and upwards to 9.3 .I have the content cds as well for version 8.3 and the content download for 9 as well as the help files
I would like to be able to just have one up todate installation of Lightwave and have as much compatable content inthat install from previous versions .

What is the best procedure here to acomplish this for a good clean install method

Thanks

Greg
New Zealand

BeeVee
09-11-2007, 06:08 AM
Each installation of LightWave is completely separate. You don't need to keep 8.3 on there at all, and if you want all the content, just manually copy it off the CD/DVD onto your hard drive where you want it.

B

fgreen
09-11-2007, 06:14 AM
I would install 9 and updates to a new folder. Then combine your content directories by copying the new one over the old one. Anything new will be added. Anything that has the same name will be replaced with the "new" copy.

Or if you have a lot of saved modifications in your cuirrent content folder you can copy the current one over the new one to keep your modifications.

Once you are sure 9.3 is working OK for you you can delete your earlier versions. However, I sometimes keep the older install for a few months just in case something doesn't work correctly in the new version. Then I can jump back to the previous version and get the job completed if I need to.

nzcoaster
09-11-2007, 06:22 AM
Many thanks guys

saved me alot of time