PDA

View Full Version : A couple of things that I am having probs with

Elmar Moelzer
09-10-2007, 05:36 AM
Hello guys!
Here are a couple of things that I am having problems with doing:
First I need to do something like this

CommandInput("Generic_My Command");
The problem here is that the command "My Command" has a space in it.
The command is from a C++- coded plugin (ours), but for many reasons I dont want to go back into the plugin- code right now to change the name of the command to something without spaces in it (this would not be worth that effort).
Anyway the whole thing runs fine and LSCommander recognizes the command and all. However if I try to turn this into a Lscript in LS- commander I get the Line I posted above, which does not work, due to the space. I havent found a way to make this work, even though I am sure that there has to be one.

The other problem (and I am affraid I already know the answer to this one) is that I need to find a way to know whether the renderglobals flag is set or not.

CommandInput("UseGlobalResolution 1");
toggles the Use of RenderGlobal settings rather than Camera settings on and off, which IMHO is utterly stupid, as the value can either be 0 or 1 (NewTek what were you THINKING?).
The funny thing is that if write just this:

CommandInput("UseGlobalResolution");
Layout opens a panel with the option to enter either 0 or 1.
This thing is also fairly new, so there is no documentation(that I know of) about whether there is a way to check whether this is set.
Any suggestions would be very welcome.
CU
Elmar

LightFreeze
09-10-2007, 04:00 PM
this might help with Q2, dont know about Q1,

from the 2.8 release notes

The LScript Camera Object Agent now has the following new methods in order to support camera
global-redirection:
globalResolution()
Returns an integer value that represents the state of the camera's global-redirection
setting for resolution. A value of 1 indicates that the setting is active (resolution
settings for the camera come from the "global" camera); a value of 0 means that the
camera's own resolution settings are active.
globalBlur()
Returns an integer value that represents the state of the camera's global-redirection
setting for motion blur. A value of 1 indicates that the setting is active (motion
blur settings for the camera come from the "global" camera); a value of 0 means that
the camera's own motion blur settings are active.
globalMask()
setting for mask boundary. A value of 1 indicates that the setting is active (mask
boundary settings for the camera come from the "global" camera); a value of 0 means that
the camera's own mask boundary settings are active.

Elmar Moelzer
09-11-2007, 02:42 AM
Thanks LightFreeze!
That helped!
I totally missed checking those, I was just checking the developer page on NewTeks webpage and the docs there are only going to version 2.7...
:foreheads
CU
Elmar

Lightwolf
09-11-2007, 02:57 AM
I haven't found a way to fix #1 either and stumbled across it a few times.
Which is why I now make sure that my plugin names never, ever, have spaces in them ;)

Cheers,
Mike