PDA

View Full Version : A New Frame Zero

wulfie
09-09-2007, 12:53 PM
Is there a way of opening an old scene and making say frame 50 the new frame zero?:question:

Thanks !

tribbles
09-09-2007, 01:07 PM
Set the start render frame to 50?

(There may be a way, but this would be the obvious way to have the same effect).

SplineGod
09-09-2007, 01:13 PM
Or you could use the new sceneeditor/dopesheet to slide everything over.

wulfie
09-09-2007, 03:36 PM
Thank you Larry and Tribbles!

Tribbles this would work for almost anything except that Mimic seems to think it has to start with frame Zero. If I could figure out how to get Mimic to start on a particular frame it would help. I am hoping to find a more elegant solution than going back and adjusting the .wav file.

So Larry ye grand master of elegant solutions.....!! In the new scene editor, how do I select absolutely everything so that I can slide it? Select all doesn't seem to get all channels. Expand channels doesn't seem to want to expand all channels. I am actually trying to make frame 290 become frame 0 and I have 2 characters and a lot of moments to move.

And embarassingly enough points to the fact thatI still don't know how to use the "new" scene editor. It crashed LW 8 so I kept on using the classic scene editor. If this is part of any of your videos point me in that direction (I own them all but haven't seen absolutely everything yet.) If not, It is one of the LW upgrade holes in my education that I have accumulated and would love to have filled by another one of your wonderful tutorials!

Dodgy
09-09-2007, 06:31 PM
In the scene editor dopesheet, select frames 1-200 on the .ph line of your morphing object. Right-click the area in the orange box and select Delete. This removes 200 frames you have selected, shifting everything sideways, and works even if you don't have the subchannels of .ph expanded.

If you want to delete selected keys without moving other keys, use Erase instead.