PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave Lighting Plugin Help

Darian Radac
09-07-2007, 05:56 PM
Does anyone know where I can get a lighting plugin for Summer and Winter Solstice in Lightwave? I'm modeling a new architecture building and want to see how far the shade and shadows project at specific times of the day and year.... I heard that its available but have no clue where to get it.

Thank You,

Darian.

pva
09-07-2007, 06:03 PM
Just select a light and press its motion option (m), then select the modifier Sun Spot.

Hope it helps!

Darian Radac
09-07-2007, 06:29 PM
Awesome, it worked. Thank You so much. No I just have to be carefull how I import the model with respect to the north south....

thanks again.

Darian Radac
09-07-2007, 06:46 PM
Another Question,

Is there any literature that explains the Sun Setup in detail? I think I got it but just want to make sure I'm 100% correct.

p.s. I have the Lightwave 3D book in front of me and it does not mention any of this.... its close to 1000 pages LOL

Thanks Darian.

pva
09-07-2007, 07:07 PM
The position of the Sun which gives you that modifier must be correct and accurate, if you want to gain some realism make the light you assing that modifier an Area Light, resize it to x30/y30/z1 and give it the color of the sun that is around 5770 kelvin.

Hope it helps!