PDA

View Full Version : Drawing Guides with LScript?

Matt
09-07-2007, 05:27 AM
Fellow 'Wavers! :)

Is it possible to draw the 'blue guides' seen in some Modeler plugins (e.g. LWCAD) using LScript?

If so can someone point me to some information / example code etc. Can't seem to find anything on it!

Would be great in future scripting to have preset drawing routines for things like bounding boxes and other shapes, to make it easy to add 'preview guides' in your code.

:D

Ta
Matt

dballesg
09-07-2007, 06:04 AM
Hi Matt,

With the sdk, I know you can draw handles. In the Box Tutorial in the SDK, last part, it explains how.

But I think you cannot do it on LScript due to the lag it will introduce on the interactivity of the tool. But I maybe wrong! :)

I've looked on Dadgy notes and on LScript docs, and didn't found anything.

David

Dodgy
09-07-2007, 07:25 AM
You could make and surface some geometry to behave like guides.....But you can't make the LW guides in lscript.

Matt
09-07-2007, 09:18 AM
Bugger, I really thought it was possible too (without hacking about). Shame that. Oh well, have to wait until LScript is brought into this Century!

dballesg
09-07-2007, 10:55 AM
Bugger, I really thought it was possible too (without hacking about). Shame that. Oh well, have to wait until LScript is brought into this Century!

Good luck with that! :)

I abandoned the develop of two Lscript because doesn't support many features, and I could not port it to the SDK either because doesn't supported the features I needed.

David