PDA

View Full Version : Hypervoxel/Particle crash (arghhh factor of 10)

mrpapabeis
09-05-2007, 03:32 PM
I'm tring to render an explosion from the desktop tutorials series. I've modified it by adding a collision object (ground plane). The object is one poly. I've shut down everything in my open Gl settings. I have no blur on. I have no AA on. I have 4 GB ram. Mac Dual 1.8ghz, ppc. 64 Mgb GeForce video card. Two monitors. OS 10.3.9. I manage to get F9 renders about 70% of the time. F 10, sequential..... first frame ok, second frame crashes mid render. Oh and i'm using LW 9.3 32 bit.

Any wisdom?

GP:compbeati

Glendalough
09-05-2007, 04:03 PM
I'm tring to render an explosion from the desktop tutorials series. I've modified it by adding a collision object (ground plane). The object is one poly. I've shut down everything in my open Gl settings. I have no blur on. I have no AA on. I have 4 GB ram. Mac Dual 1.8ghz, ppc. 64 Mgb GeForce video card. Two monitors. OS 10.3.9. I manage to get F9 renders about 70% of the time. F 10, sequential..... first frame ok, second frame crashes mid render. Oh and i'm using LW 9.3 32 bit.

Any wisdom?

GP:compbeati

I had a lot of unexplained problems in this area, try it in 8x and see if it works, but it could be tedious as you have to rebuild the scene. There's a lot of unexplained stuff at the moment!

mrpapabeis
09-05-2007, 04:31 PM
Mr. Glendalough,

Thank you for the reply. I'd have to re-install LW8. What a pain. As far as unexplained... Well it seems to render fine as long as I don't run the collision (well most of the time). This is a simple render for crying out loud. Is it my Mac? Not enough processing power? I don't think the video card has anything to do with it. Is it the OS? Do I have to go to 10.4?

This not working is not an option for me.

Any help, or ideas greatly appreciated.

GP

Chilton
09-05-2007, 05:01 PM
Hi,

Send me the crash logs!
[email protected]
[email protected]

-Chilton

mrpapabeis
09-05-2007, 07:04 PM
Mr. Chilton,

Thank you. I'll send them tomorrow afternoon, after i'm done teaching.

GP