PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know how to make a lake that an animal or object can rise out of using LW

artsy7
09-05-2007, 02:40 PM
Hi, This is my first post and I am rather new to Lightwave. I have v9.2. I was wondering if there is a way to create a lake and be able to bring either an object or animal out of the water? Does anyone know how? Everyone says it can be done probably, but not sure how.
Sure hope someone can help and hope I am doing this correctly.
Thanks!

Surrealist.
09-05-2007, 02:58 PM
Welcome!

Do you want it for a still or an animation?

Basically you would be working with displacements and bump maps, then depending on the effect you might want to use hypervoxels and perhaps particles. (for water drops)

Take a look at this thread (http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72755&highlight=water+splash) for one type of effect.

As far as the set up it depends. You might want to look into the manual for these areas (displacements,bump map hypervoxels). Also look at some of the LightWave videos on the NT site. There are a few on displacements.

Steamthrower
09-05-2007, 03:02 PM
For a still, it'd almost be easiest to use Photoshop for the foam and droplets. For an animation, you'd have to go a lot deeper into the LW lake like Surrealist pointed out.

SplineGod
09-05-2007, 08:24 PM
You can bring it up out of the water. Then you have to deal with the water displacement and splashes and then the water running off the object.
I have several videos that deal with all of the above.
http://www.kurvstudios.com/lightwave/

artsy7
09-06-2007, 05:29 PM
I just wanted to say thank you to you for responding to my question. I am trying to do an animation. I will check out all suggestions and websites. I appreciate your kindness. I have much to learn yet.
Thanks Much!!!

artsy7
09-06-2007, 06:20 PM
:) Wow....the three of you who wrote to me....I checked out your websites....WOW!!! You are an inspiration... I have much to learn, but it is awesome to see what possibilities exist...
Thanks Again!

Surrealist.
09-07-2007, 12:08 AM
Alright, well good luck with it. Let us know how it all turns out. :)

-EsHrA-
07-24-2009, 10:12 AM
and download 9.6!

mlon