PDA

View Full Version : Region of interest

gaetan
09-04-2007, 01:40 PM
There is a way to render the region of interest in lightwave?

see image!

thanks
GT

art
09-04-2007, 02:55 PM
Have you tried limited region? Click on the render tab (i see that you are using 9.3) and then click on "limited region" button. You can also use keyboard shortcut: l (lowercase L). Drag the handles to select the region. You can limit your render to a single rectangular area.

voriax
09-04-2007, 06:07 PM
Do you mean the darker grey areas at the top and bottom?
Those are there to show you what will and wont be shown by your chosen pixel resolution. If you want that whole frame to be seen, you need to increase the pixel height of the resolution in the Camera settings.

gaetan
09-06-2007, 06:21 AM
Yes is the gray area Both!
I need to add these area in the render but i can't change the height, because i need to keep the same aspect ratio !

I remember the old wavefront software can do that! so in lightwave nothing about that, or maybe a plugin?

Thanks
Gaetan

voriax
09-06-2007, 08:01 AM
Move the camera back? Or change the camera zoom to show more of the shot.

spec24
09-09-2007, 03:20 PM
Yes is the gray area Both!
I need to add these area in the render but i can't change the height, because i need to keep the same aspect ratio !

I remember the old wavefront software can do that! so in lightwave nothing about that, or maybe a plugin?

Thanks
Gaetan

old wavefront software could do what? Change the aspect ratio without changing the aspect ratio? Must be truly magical software :)

art
09-10-2007, 06:53 AM
Unless the magic was to simply squeeze the image vertically. I never used that software so I am only speculating.