PDA

View Full Version : drop-down lists vanish in 9.3 UB

toby
09-02-2007, 02:38 PM
Has this been covered? Couldn't find anything via search.

Drop-down lists tend to become invisible after several test renders. They still work, if guess where your list choice is and manage to hit it - you just can't see them. Re-starting is the solution.

Also, they sometimes stick open when you [click-drag] to your list choice (as opposed to [click-release, drag, click]). You have to realese then click again to activate.

avkills
09-02-2007, 05:32 PM
Yes I think we covered that somewhere; but I get the same thing. If you hide Lightwave and then click on the dock icon, they usually start working again.

-mark

toby
09-02-2007, 05:41 PM
x-l-ent

thanks mark!

avkills
09-02-2007, 06:03 PM
Well we pointed to refresh issues in the Beta Forum; so hopefully Chilton will see this problem also.

I think it makes sense that LW is somehow confused by which window has focus and therefore the menus do not show up...who knows... it is annoying though.

-mark

Chilton
09-02-2007, 06:05 PM
Can anyone give me a specific recipe for this?

Thanks,
-Chilton

avkills
09-02-2007, 06:11 PM
Well I notice it more when I am doing other stuff while rendering and then going back in to lightwave...basically all I can say is keep doing test renders to the image viewer and then go surf or something while this is going on and sometimes when you go back to LW and close the image viewer the drop downs will not appear on the main screen; sometimes even in the Image Viewer itself, although if you guess where the menu item is, it will actually do it.

(PPC G5 UB)

-mark

Chilton
09-02-2007, 06:22 PM
Well, technically, popup menus should not be active when you leave the context of an application. That's a known bug, and the subsequent redraw issue when you return to the app is known as well. But the plan is to fix the first bug, so the menus are not still present when you leave the app (just like in any other app).

Is that the bug you're seeing? It sounds, from the descriptions, like this is different.

-Chilton

avkills
09-02-2007, 07:16 PM
No these are the drop down menus inside the application itself, not the drop downs from the OS X bar across the top of the screen.

-mark

Scazzino
09-02-2007, 07:25 PM
Right, it's all the pop-up menus inside the Lightwave interface itself that sometimes fail to draw. It usually happens after swapping out to another application and then returning to Layout. What happens is that sometimes when you return to Layout none of the pop-up menus anywhere on the interface will pop-up any longer. However, they are actually working, just not drawing. For instance if you click on the viewport's render mode pop-up button which might already be on Textured Shaded Solid, the pop-up fails to show, but if you then move the mouse up slightly and release, then the viewport will change to Shaded Solid mode... so it's working as if the pop-up did pop-up, but it's invisible...

I haven't been able to come up with reproducible steps on this, but I can confirm that it's happening...

Chilton
09-02-2007, 10:02 PM
Alright, Mike sent me a pretty good description of this, and I can reproduce it now. This is a new one.

-Chilton

toby
09-03-2007, 02:24 AM
Thanks for bein' all up in that, C-dog.