PDA

View Full Version : VT-3 Registration - ARGGGGGG

wtdedula
09-01-2007, 04:20 PM
Hello All;
Well ... it happened again. I just upgraded my computer about a month ago and installed VT-3. At that time, I was in a hurry and didn't get a change to call Newtek to get the registration code (Again). Now today, I really need to capture some footage I'm doing for a project and I discovered that VT-3 refuses to start because I didn't register. And I can't register because the registration system says I am already registered.

I hope for VT-5 Newtek makes the registration system more intelligent, more user friendly, and perhaops most of all, more automated by allowing the registration key to be sent by Email even if it is the 5th. time we've registered (And on a weekend or holiday).

So while the Newtek folks are spending quality time with their families on the weekend and holiday, I need to try to figure out how to extract old email from a outdated version of Outlook Express that may have the code contained in an email.

Sorry to rant but I am not too happy right now.

Tim

Jim_C
09-01-2007, 09:22 PM
Doesn't it give you 45 days as a trial before you have to register?

Click cancel when it asks for registration and it should load unregistered with a 45 day countdown.

(the 45 days may be less , I think it changed to 10 pr something) but there should be a trial period.

wtdedula
09-02-2007, 03:05 PM
Hi Jim;
Yes it sure does but when I initially installed VT4, I was in a hurry and didn't register then. And I don't use VT3 that often so I actually forgot that registration was needed and of course I find that out when I finally do need to use it (And on a weekend no less).

I know, it's my fault but I still think that newtek could provide a failsafe way for me to get a key resent to me after hours, and on weekends and holidays. When I called up to get a VT3 key the previous times, I just told customer service who I was and they emailed it to me again. It would seem like this could be automated.

Well fortunately, I was able to locate the key file and execute it and it worked but it took atleast a few extra hours of efffort to track that down.

Anyway, I entered it as a suggestion for improvement.

Tim

Scott Bates
09-02-2007, 04:52 PM
I agree with your suggestion Tim, but your situation is why I always create a text file named something like "VT3_LicenseKey.txt" that contains the email from NewTek and in which I include the name, date & size of the actual registration file so I can find it in my "Downloads" archive. Those text files are also stored in the archive directory and I keep a printed copy of the text file in my respective VT[x] manual. Glad you got running again.