PDA

View Full Version : Backdrop Display Images Problem

Elemental sIn
09-01-2007, 10:29 AM
Hey guys. Got a problem with backdrop images.
The 2 files are the same size, resolution and everything else, with the exception of one being vertical and one being horizontal. The horizontal image goes in the lower right "Right" view port, while the vertical is in the upper left "Top" view port. The problem is that the lower right image displays fine, while the upper left image is actually quite smaller, even though the images are the same size and resolution. Even in Modeler itself, they read the same size (that size is 3'3.3701"). Once again, the Top view's image is much smaller than the Right view. I've tried this with multiple images as well, they all do the same thing. What's the deal here guys? Any idea's?

Giacomo99
09-01-2007, 11:17 AM
Your post is a bit confusing, but the universal solution here is to create a box (using the Primitives--Box tool and numerical input) that has the correct dimensions (in X,Y, and Z) for your backdrops. Click on "Automatic Size" when you're selecting the backdrop image for that particular window. The image will resize to the dimensions of the box.

zapper1998
09-01-2007, 11:18 AM
screen shot please

Elemental sIn
09-01-2007, 11:37 AM
I apologize for the confusing post. It's rather difficult to explain what I mean, and I should have provided screenshots to begin with.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee35/elemental_sin/bottomright.jpg

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee35/elemental_sin/topleft.jpg

I made 2 images in photoshop. One is 195x800, the other is 800x195... Obviously they are the same size, just one is vertical while the other is horizontal... Yet they do not equal each other in lightwave. This happens with any and all images I put in there that are equal. I noticed the aspect ratio is different, but configuring that just warps the image. As you can probably tell, Lightwave is still kinda new to me, so I apologize for the 'noob' type of question, but I've never had a problem with guide images in the past.
Thanks

iconoclasty
09-01-2007, 11:58 AM
Modeller calculates the size of the backdrop by setting the height to that 3'3.37" and calculating the width by the aspect ratio. So both images get the same height even though you don't want them to. Copy the Width value of the BotRight image (13'5.5183") to the height value of the top left image (overwrighting 3'3.701") while leaving Fixed Aspect Ratio turned on. That should even things up.

Elemental sIn
09-01-2007, 12:13 PM
Modeller calculates the size of the backdrop by setting the height to that 3'3.37" and calculating the width by the aspect ratio. So both images get the same height even though you don't want them to. Copy the Width value of the BotRight image (13'5.5183") to the height value of the top left image (overwrighting 3'3.701") while leaving Fixed Aspect Ratio turned on. That should even things up.

This worked perfectly. Thanks a lot man, appreciate it.

iconoclasty
09-01-2007, 12:18 PM
No problem. That's why the community is here.