PDA

View Full Version : Renders shifted. Is Vista the problem?

barryfleming
09-01-2007, 08:58 AM
I'm having a big problem with my renders. Rendering to uncompressed, the animation plays fine on Windows Media but when I load it in to Ulead Video Studio or even back into Lightwave as an image, the display has shifted. The left 1/3 is cut off and now on the right. The exact thing happens with any animation rendered in Vue xStream (running on it's own, not with Lightwave). I also have the same problem with a screen capture program. Emails to Newtek, e-on (waste of time), ulead, and where I bought the machine have either not given me answers or have adopted the "ignore him and he'll go away" policy. I wasn't going to post here but thought it would be my last effort before returning this machine.

I just purchased this machine and am running Vista with Lightwave 64 bit. Any animation done on my old machine with XP loads and displays perfect. I've tried 9.0, 9.2, and 32 bit versions with the same results. Thank you for any help.

Intel Core™2 Quad Processor Q6600 2.4GHz w/ 2x4MB Cache
eVGA e-GeForce 7600 GT 256MB PCI-E w/ DVI, HDTVOut
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R w/ DualDDR2 1066, 7.1 Audio,

barryfleming
09-01-2007, 12:05 PM
I render image sequences on long renders so I don't lose everything if I crash. I then load them back into Lightwave as an image and render it uncompressed, then I import it into Ulead Video Studio (won't load image sequences) But even the render made from the image sequence through Lightwave comes out like all the other renders, shifted. It would be nice not to have to add another step, especially for short renders. I don't have AfterEffects but there must be cheaper programs that can simply assemble the sequence. It's strange that any animation rendered with my old computer on xp imports and runs just fine. Hopefully I'm explaining this right, thanks.

glebe digital
09-01-2007, 12:11 PM
Buy Quicktime Pro and you should be sorted. :)

barryfleming
09-01-2007, 03:34 PM
Thanks glebe digital, I'll give that a shot. It would be nice to know if someone else has had this problem and if it's possible to fix.

flakester
09-02-2007, 08:33 AM
Over time, I and my colleague have rendered out to almost all [reasonable] image formats, and also uncompressed video files [both QT and otherwise] - and we've never experienced this quirk.

The closest thing we have seen to this is when we are given Quick Time files from other sources - they almost always import into After Effects in some strange proprietary aspect ratio, but I can't say that we've had anything import or play back in a cropped manner.

All of the above for us has happened on 32 bit and 64 bit OS workstations.

Would you entertain a complete re-install of OS, sotware and codecs before returning the system?

Hope you get this sorted.

flakester.

barryfleming
09-02-2007, 10:55 AM
flakester Thanks for the info. Are you running Vista?
Yes I did reinstall the os. I installed LW right away and the problem still exists. The techs are suggesting we try a different mother board.

glebe digital Quicktime Pro works very well, thanks.

flakester
09-02-2007, 12:04 PM
flakester Thanks for the info. Are you running Vista?
Yes I did reinstall the os. I installed LW right away and the problem still exists. The techs are suggesting we try a different mother board.....

No Vista for us, we ran WinXP Pro first, and now we've moved over to WinXP Pro 64. Didn't go for Vista because of the DRM issues - we were in the middle of two projects and needed everything to work correctly!

Your techs may be right, it might well be one of those odd times where just one heardware component is causing the problem rather than it being a codec or OS issue.

Good luck,

flakester.