PDA

View Full Version : stereovision

randel wright
09-01-2007, 08:29 AM
i want to create a short 3d clip (the kind that requires use of those 3d glasses) to be utilized in a theatrical stage production.

i've been using lw 5.6 off and on for years, but an getting ready to install 9.2 on an imac.

i thought there was a way for lw to do this, am i wrong? i don't see reference to it in my ancient manuals.

or is this an editing process combing two separate colorized equally semi-transparent clips of same scene shot from 2 different camera positions inches apart?

any information on a technique sure would be appreciated.

the marketing people are anxious to promote the heck out of this, but i've got to be able to gaurantee feasability.

rw

spigolo
09-01-2007, 09:55 AM
i did one video with this technique for a national park some months ago..
you have to go in the camera and select the stero tab and activate the stereoscopic rendering ..
lw render both right and left pictures that you have to take separate.

you have to experiment a bit with the distance between the eyes..,
in nature usually it is 6 cm.. too much enanche the 3d effects but also the sliding effect af the overlapping of the 2 pictures..min distance reduce this risk but also the 3d effect..

randel wright
09-01-2007, 12:24 PM
thanks

i thought i remebered a stereoscopic tab in either the render or camera panels

never hit it to see what is was about though

and as i said, i didn't find anything in the manuals about it, but it was a quick peruse

newtek's got my old serial dongle and i'm waiting for my new usb one for 9.2

i'll check it out as soon as they get it to me

joschy
09-04-2007, 09:00 AM
remember, it only work with classic camera...
The new cameras not support the stereoscopic feature.
Take a null, parent two cameras to it and place the cameras on the X-axis - done :)