PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia Card Question

henryiu10
08-31-2007, 04:34 PM
This PC that I work on also doubles as a gaming machine at times. I currently have a GeForce 6800XT, but I want to upgrade to a higher end card for gaming purposes only. If I were to get a GeForce 8800 GTS, would that bring problems when it comes to LW (is it even compatible with LW?). I have a feeling that I would be screwing something up like I usually do. Any input would be much appreciated.

flakester
08-31-2007, 05:40 PM
Howdy.

I know there is one forum member and LW user who has the 640MB version of the 8800GTS with no quibbles - and I've not seen any complaints about the card generally.

Sounds like a good bet, but don't quote me on it - I'm no uber-geek on these matters.

Hope that helps.

flakester.

IMI
09-03-2007, 03:04 AM
I remember at least one person mentioning problems with the 8800 and modeler - artifacts or something, but that was a while ago and it might have been a driver issue.
Make sure your PSU can handle that card and all the rest of your hardware before getting it though, and it's a large, long card, too. I've read cases where people had to get a larger enclosure due to its size. Although I suppose that would depend on the manufacturer.