PDA

View Full Version : Newtek at IBC 2007

*Pete*
08-31-2007, 02:08 PM
so...what is this about?

Ill go if there is anything about Lightwave there, but as i understand from the newsletter it is about other products than LW.

anyone know more about it?

Sarford
08-31-2007, 02:26 PM
Hmm, I was there last year. It was tiny booth with some live demo-ing. I didn't see anyone from the lightwave scene. If it is the same this year, I wouldn't trouble myself if LightWave is the only reason you'd come.

Autodesk had a very nice booth though, with people from ILM showing and explaining the shots from Pirates of the Caribean. That was nice :)

The IBC itself is kinda nice though a bit too much camera's, routing and edit suite stuff. But I guess thats normal for an International Broadcasters Conference. :D

Lightwolf
08-31-2007, 02:32 PM
Well, I'll be there. Maybe we could start a "let's meet @ IBC thread?"

They did show a bit of LW last year, with Andrew Bishop from Darkside Animation doing the demos.

It ain't no Siggraph... but it doesn't require me to fly almost half way across the globe either ;)

Cheers,
Mike

DogBoy
09-04-2007, 08:29 AM
I'll be there as well.

Red_Oddity
09-05-2007, 04:20 AM
I'll probably be going saturday, depends on my mood (i live about a 40 minute trainride from Amsterdam WTC, yes, Holland is tiny).

I wanna check out some more on Fusion 5.2 and the maintanance service before i do the maintanance subscription.

Eh, might aswell check NT out as well as i'm there :p (get beaten up by the SE programmers for being such a whiny b**ch )