PDA

View Full Version : Big Problems

neilp
08-31-2007, 03:58 AM
I have scene files i created in version 9.0, when I load them into 9.2 my lighting renders realy dark. my scene consists of an exterior view of a building with simply one area light acting as the sun. Can anybody explain this strange phenomenon please ( Im using FPrime 3.01 for rendering ).

I also have 3 render machines which are all exactly the same spec hardware and software, When I render the same scene on the machines they all appear slightly different i.e. I get a slight yellow tint from one render and a slight pink tint on the others. ( I am viewing all three renders at the same time on my calibrated work station using photoshop ). Can any body help me please!!

serge
08-31-2007, 06:16 AM
The strength of area-lights has been changed from 9.2. The change in color on different machines I cannot explain.

neilp
08-31-2007, 06:47 AM
do you know what %age or ratio the area lights have been changed too?

serge
08-31-2007, 07:11 AM
Just checked the beta forums. They've deleted some of the info on beta releases so I can't find any official statement. However I saw somebody mention that area lights are 50% dimmer now. So try making them 2x brighter and see if that matches your scene.