PDA

View Full Version : Jetto bevel like function

Wade
08-30-2007, 10:13 PM
I am looking for a way to bevel like jetto use to at least I think it was Jetto bevel. Basically it is this you bevel an odd shape and when the polys start to over lap on the narrow part the thing stops beveling in that area...

It seemed to be very useful when working with text and serifs and stuff.

Anyone have a plug-in they can point me to or a function I am missing in LW?

Thanks

Dodgy
08-31-2007, 03:24 AM
Bevel++ has a merge-overlapping function and only costs US$33
http://www.wagglydog.com/lw/bevelpp/

Wade
08-31-2007, 06:50 AM
That is what I am looking for. Thank you!

Wade
08-31-2007, 09:27 AM
Thanks Dodgy - but what I am trying to do is creat a roof by beveling a floor plan. Bevel plus plus does not get me there almost. The image shows how I would have liked it to treat the bevel operation. More or less terminate the poly as it overlaps yet keep the same shape..

Dodgy
08-31-2007, 12:27 PM
Yeah, you can't do that, but you can do it in 3 stages, using Connect tool to cut off the bits which overlap at each extrude. A bit more cumbersome, how much of this were you going to do?

Wade
08-31-2007, 05:38 PM
Well I work on houses / buildings alot so it would be used a few times in a week. Roofs are like a 3 to 1 slope so beveling up 10 feet and over 30 all in one fell swoop would be nice. Just thought it might work, and I think it would fine a number of other uses.

Wade
04-16-2008, 07:48 AM
Bump

Take a look at the gif file is has a short animation of what I would find really helpful.
Take a poly "roof out line" and bevel up at a 4/12 angle - 33% this could of course be adjustable. Then where bevel meets itself it terminates but the rest of the ploy continues to bevel up until it self terminates... For modeling simple roofs this would save a lot of time. Anyone? What would it cost to have someone code such a thing?

Thanks W. Wade W.

Wade
04-16-2008, 08:08 AM
Alternately it would be very helpful to have a “make edge at intersection” button. So where ever you have two faces bisecting each other an edge is drawn cutting the ploys up… I will look a little as one would think it may be buried somewhere in the program just playing hide and seek with me.