PDA

View Full Version : Exporting to Photoshop CS3

Duotoneblue
08-29-2007, 11:52 AM
Hello, I have probably an easy question for you more advanced users. I know how to export 3D files to photoshop but the textures wont show up sometimes. I'm not that fimilar with the export file types as well. So if any of you have time to explain them more as well, I would greatly appreciate it. I thank you for your time.:help:

gerry_g
08-29-2007, 04:59 PM
There have been several threads (do a search, sixth button along on the dark blue top strip) but what it comes down to is that PS expects to find your texture/template in the same folder as your mesh object. Only problem is .lwo isn't recognized, .obj is improperly implemented (it lacks an .mtl file when exported from LW) .3ds is corrupt and gives texture errors and newer formats recognised by PS such as Collada are not currently available............so, unles you have an additional 3D ap capable of exporting a true .obj you're out of luck until Newtek gets round to finishing it's own custom plug for PS

Silkrooster
08-29-2007, 06:53 PM
Have you tried Dodgy's mtl plugin? I haven't tested it yet on the latest update of lightwave, but I assume it still works, I have not heard anyone complain yet.
Silk