PDA

View Full Version : Some General Questions

m4a2000
08-28-2007, 03:45 PM
It's a start of a new school year and my boss wants me to push the system to the fullest. I have the VT4, with all the updates, and LightWave 8. Questions are how can I do split screen between two cameras... Say a studio camera and one live on location. Two, we want to play our news open through the DDR, but want the music to play under the studio shot for about five sec. I haven't found a way yet and I'm hoping to get help. Three, really hoping that the VT5 update comes out soon... anyone know of a date? Four, I would like to know of general improvements some of you have made to your systems to make it run better... Any input here would be welcome... Well, that's it!

Adam_LightPlay
09-01-2007, 09:24 PM
One: Use any of the split screen or PIP wipes. Have the second camera in preview. "H" on the keyboard will take the T-bar to exactly halfway. When done, a tap on the space bar will complete the transition, or you could back out the t-bar to stay on the first camera.
Two: You didn't say if the music would play under the studio shot at the start or end of the News-Open. Either way, as long as the proper DDR audio slider is up, the audio will be heard even if you choose a different video source to be on the air.

billmi
09-04-2007, 06:56 AM
When done, a tap on the space bar will complete the transition, or you could back out the t-bar to stay on the first camera.

With the T-bar at 50%, Shift-Space will send it smoothly back to the top.

m4a2000
09-19-2007, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the help on the split screen. Now I just need help with the DDRs. Our news open runs via the DDRs(Video/Audio) and then we fade to the set. Once the fade is done the audio goes/fades out. Is there a way to have the VT4 not stop the DDR form still playing even if it isn't live? I tryed what you sad Adam, but it still wasn't working.

chribba
09-20-2007, 07:51 AM
Thanks for the help on the split screen. Now I just need help with the DDRs. Our news open runs via the DDRs(Video/Audio) and then we fade to the set. Once the fade is done the audio goes/fades out. Is there a way to have the VT4 not stop the DDR form still playing even if it isn't live? I tryed what you sad Adam, but it still wasn't working.

If itīs not a new feature now cant be done in a easy way... req from 2005

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41101

chribba

PIZAZZ
09-20-2007, 08:09 AM
Try this and see if it works for you. It is my typical out of the box thinking.

30 sec intro but there is only video for 20 secs with Audio only for final 10 secs.

Open VT Edit.
Assemble Intro Video
Place 30 sec audio under video segment
Fade Audio out at end with 5 sec fade.
Place Switcher Main Row Control Crouton (found under Utilities) at 20 Seconds
Configure Control Utility to execute an Auto at 20 Seconds.
Save VT project as .vtp and load into DDR as opening segment.
Do NOT have Audio Follow on Audio Mixer turned on. Leave it off for this to work.

DDR1 plays 20 seconds and executes AUTO to live studio camera from whatever is selected on Preview row at 20secs into opening. Audio plays for 5 more seconds and fades out for 5.

You can tweak this around to find the timing that works for you. This is just an example. There is LOTS of power in the Utilities once you get into them. I use them all the time to do more elaborate and specific sequences of events.

Hope that helps.