PDA

View Full Version : I wonder if this is possible... (customizing)

freedik
06-26-2003, 02:04 AM
I wonder if it would be possible to assign grid snap to shortcut key. It's nice how configurable LWs interface is but i couldn't really manage to do this.

Also, are there any plugins that would bring REAL snap to LW (endpoint, center, etc.)? I came to LW from Microstation and AutoCad, so good and fast snap is what I really miss. In fact, it's nearly impossible to do precise modelling without them...
3ds max has it :P (I will probably get banned for saying this, lol)

Dodgy
06-26-2003, 02:23 AM
Try looking on www.flay.com it has a comprehensive database of pluigns for lightwave :)

omeone
06-26-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by freedik
I came to LW from Microstation and AutoCad, so good and fast snap is what I really miss. In fact, it's nearly impossible to do precise modelling without them...

Me too (missed Accudraw most of all), I only missed it for a short while though, once you get used to the workflow planning of modelling in LW, you'll never go back.

and to address the question, I dont think there are any plugs for snapping, and I dont have a clue about assigning a grid snap toggle to key, sry :o

faulknermano
06-29-2003, 08:06 AM
http://thespread.ghostoutpost.com/SnapSets.zip

(thanks glen.. :) )

faulknermano
06-29-2003, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by freedik

3ds max has it :P (I will probably get banned for saying this, lol)

it'll take more than that to get banned. newtek forums are rather lenient. kind of bad actually. :)