PDA

View Full Version : Solve this grid rendering problem

aharmona
08-27-2007, 01:59 PM
I have a human model I have a grid wrapping around. Now, I can produce this just fine, but I need to render out the grid separate from the human.

Right now, the grid is a planar texture map on top of the UV skin texture map.

Anytime I turn the opacity down on the skin map, the model uses the color associated with the surface name (skin). I am using a PSD file with a transparent background and black lines on another layer.

How can I get the model to render out ONLY the grid but have the space in between the lines transparent? Keep in mind, while the spaces are transparent, I don't want the grid to appear on the inside surfaces of the model (what is called double-sided i guess).

Thanks for looking. Hope you can help!

Andrew

skanky
08-27-2007, 08:50 PM
Sounds like you should be using the grid texture as a transparency texture. (You may have to invert the texture, or set the base transparency to 100% and let the texture make bits visible)

Hope that helps.

Surrealist.
08-28-2007, 10:16 AM
Anytime I turn the opacity down on the skin map, the model uses the color associated with the surface name (skin).

The opacity setting is for the overall texture not the parts that are "transparent".

A transparency map as mentioned will do the trick and it won't show the backside if you don't have double sided enabled.