PDA

View Full Version : Post removed?!?!

K3d111
08-27-2007, 01:30 PM
Newtek and Users

Why was my post removed?

Earlier today I had pointed out some major issues with 9.3. The first issue was the IK jittering is a problem if your IK chain is moved away from the origin 0,0,0. The other issue I brought up was the importability of IK from one scene to another. I can not seem to get a string of four IKed characters to import into another scene without 9.3 crashing. The next problem I encountered was with morph maps. If you import an object more than once into a scene, Character1, with morph maps you can not change the maps individually. Each imported character1 is change when you manipulate one morph map. The last issue I have run into is with a memory problem in rendering. A scene that I made in 9.0 that uses 1.5 gigs of memory to render keeps running out of memory in 9.3. This is because 9.3 is using 4.3GB to render the same scene that had previously only used 1.5GB.

Fellow users, I do not know how you feel, but I am ready for a release that works. I am ready for a release that does not break more than it fixes. My company has decided not to upgrade to 9.3 for the simple reason it has to many bugs just as 9.2 did. Fellow users I encourage you to post your bugs to Newteks bug email, which was on an earlier post before it got deleted, but I am sure the forum monitor will give us again. Via la Newtek :thumbsup:

Cerebr4l
08-27-2007, 01:33 PM
Saw your post earlier...Amen! I to am having issues with 9.3 as well as 9.0. I will post my bugs to the NewTek bug email as soon as it is made available.

-David

EDIT: It would be nice if there was a bug forum to report issues. It would also be helpful to be able to search said forum for possible resolutions prior to making a lengthy post/email.

K3d111
08-27-2007, 01:51 PM
My appologies, I found my other post under General support. Lost with the many other issue reports. If this page is devoted to 9.3 feature discovery,then people should know about the bugs here also. By the way here is the bug reporting email [email protected],

SaturnX
08-27-2007, 01:58 PM
Saw your post earlier...Amen! I to am having issues with 9.3 as well as 9.0. I will post my bugs to the NewTek bug email as soon as it is made available.

-David

EDIT: It would be nice if there was a bug forum to report issues. It would also be helpful to be able to search said forum for possible resolutions prior to making a lengthy post/email.

Try the Lightwave open beta program?
You'll get access to the open beta forum. Lots of bug hunting/elimination there.

Celshader
08-27-2007, 01:59 PM

If possible, consider signing up for the Open Beta so that you can access the private "Open Beta" section of this forum. The Open Beta forum should have what you want. The sign-up info is listed here:
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58508

Chuck
08-27-2007, 03:18 PM
My appologies, I found my other post under General support. Lost with the many other issue reports. If this page is devoted to 9.3 feature discovery,then people should know about the bugs here also. By the way here is the bug reporting email [email protected],

Bug discussions belong in general support; and any comments you may have on a moderation decision needs to be directed to the moderators, not to the forum at large. Moderation decisions are not subject to public debate.