PDA

View Full Version : Live broadcast?

okpro
08-27-2007, 08:18 AM
Please tell me how you live broadcast your event. Internet or what? I work in small Tv sation and interest me how live broadcast sport, concert or something like that. Thanks for answer and best regards from Croatia
P.S. I have VT(4).

Dan_The_Man
08-27-2007, 09:11 AM
Here is a great tutorial (http://www.newtek.com/vt/tutorials/streamingprofiles/index.php) we have that should help answer any questions you have on how to set up the push stream.

You will also need to find someone, preferably in Croatia, that will be able to host a Windows Media stream so your audience can view the stream online.

okpro
08-27-2007, 10:19 AM
Thanks. I now that. But that signal is max 320x240. I have 720x576.

Keith Gandy
08-27-2007, 02:27 PM
We broadcast a live signal here in Germany on Sundays from our church. That signal is somewhat restricted due to the upload speeds we can presently reach with our DSL. We send a Windows Media Encoded signal at 105kbps to our video server, via a Osprey Encoder Card. That is then able to handle as many viewers as necessary. The size is reduced from our 720x576 to the 320x240.

Hope that helps.

NVentive
08-28-2007, 08:31 AM
Another way to do this is with some of the new 'web 2.0' style opps. They're new and not always perfect, but they are betting better daily.
The leader of the pac right now seems to be ustream.tv, but others are on the way. This 'free stream' trend will be a thing to watch, as eventually some of these start-ups are going to be bought out by heavy hitters, and the climate of streaming will undoubtedly change. It always does when mega-money moves it.
I've used ustream successfully with my [4] but have had some probs with my DSK. Someone on this board suggested a fix that I have not tried. Another snag with ustream is that they crop the picture down, which can be difficult at times. We ended up masking out monitors out for the live shots and sizing all our packages down b4 loading them into the DDRs.
The upsides of options like ustream are many. It's free, so your client will have more left in the budget for you. It's also extremely easy (I'm retarded and I can do it) and the quality is not all that bad. They also support embed coding, so the stream can be on your client's web page without a lot of cost or hassle.
Not everyone agrees with me, but I sincerely believe that ustream-like options are going to be a big part of streaming in the fairly near future.

good luck -- S

billmi
08-28-2007, 01:20 PM
Not everyone agrees with me, but I sincerely believe that ustream-like options are going to be a big part of streaming in the fairly near future.

I am inclined to agree with you. Look what sites like YouTube and Brightcove have done with on-demand video. For the average joe, selling advertising to cover the cost of hosting and streaming isn't always practical - but a large clearing company can sell ads across a lot of "little guy" videos, because then they've got the volume of placement. Same concept works with live streaming, and it can then cover the operational costs that could other wise be prohibitive to "the little guy." Heck, Brightove even cuts me a check for the ads they place in my videos, let alone providing free streaming through a nice interface and content management system.