PDA

View Full Version : LW 9.3 render prob. Jumping frames.

thirdmonster
08-26-2007, 12:15 PM
Hello, all-

I've looked in all the forums and haven't seen another instance of this problem...but, when I render in 9.3 (tried both Win and Mac versions) with the Perspective camera and Photoreal MB, the frames jitter and jump. First I thought it might be the way LW was (re?)constructing the frame when it renders with multiple threads (I have a MacPro 2X Quad), but when I switched to just one thread the problem persisted. So, just as a quick check, I jumped back to 9.2 with the same render settings (8 threads) and no problem. Newtek folks: I'd be happy to zip up the scene and send it to ya, or email a quicktime showing the problem.

-Steven

P.S. As a quick check, I also created a new scene, put in a cube and rendered with the settings (camera and render panel settings) and still got the jumping frames. So it's not isolated to a single scene, or due to an unruly object/image/plugin/what-have-you.

voriax
08-26-2007, 08:01 PM
If you upload the basic scene with the cube for us all to have a look at, you'll probably get a quicker response than waiting for the NT guys.
No offence to them, but it'd be quicker if a few of us could try it out and see how to replicate it - make it easier for them to fix if there's a problem.

Caveboy
08-27-2007, 12:07 AM
I rendered out an animation to quicktime and even added compression - but I cannot get it to playback. It is a small animation (320x240) and all I get is a playback that seems to stall on a few frames.

I can scrub the .mov file and can clearly see that all the frames are there. It just doesn't playback the frames. It looks like my dual proc system is too slow to playback the file, and it just stalls after playing thru 3 or 4 frames.

I own the full quicktime program and can get it to playback if I have the all frames command selected. But the speed of 3o fps is ignored and the playback speed zips along at a faster rate.

Is there some bug with the quicktime saver or compression setting?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Dan

Caveboy
08-29-2007, 12:46 AM
OK.

running ppc and universal version of 9.3 on the mac.

I still cannot get my renders to playback.

Upon displaying the file info I noticed that the duration of a 240 frame animation was:

00'00

Whats with that!? Any help would be appreciated.

Dan