PDA

View Full Version : Broken Dongle, New Replacement now has New Lock ID!

Infinite
08-25-2007, 04:17 AM
Recently my very old flimsy USB dongle that sticks out 'the front' of my PC snapped. Very frustrating.

It took 2 weeks for Newtek Europe to arrange delivery. They sent the dongle to an address I used to live at 2 years ago, when I specificaly asked them to send it to my new work address. UPS then returned the DONGLE back to Franmce when I spoke to UPS to re-arrrange delivery!

I finally got my dongle yestarday after 3 weeks. Now to my joy I find out that the new replacement dongle has a totaly different Hardware Lock ID, so I now have to wait for Newtek to re-register the License for me and I also means I have to re-register my pluigin codes!!

I started on a new prject for a client 4 weeks ago, and this has totaly destroyed the project. Now it's the weekend I doubt I will get any customer support until Monday/Tuesday.

What a complete mess.

I N F I N I T E

Qexit
08-25-2007, 04:25 AM
I can't help with the plugin codes but you should be able to get LW to generate a temporary full license.key while you wait for a new one to be issued by Newtek. Either, remove your current key file from your LW programs directory or do an uninstall reinstall cycle. One or other should give you a 30 or 15 day (I forget which) full temporary license rather than running in Discovery Mode with its limitations and watermarks. I had to do something similar with the OB releases at one point.

Infinite
08-25-2007, 04:29 AM
Qexit: Thankyou so much for the quick reply. That is quite a good idea, I will try that. Although I am very lost without Fprime 3

Cheers

I N F I N I T E

Qexit
08-25-2007, 04:37 AM
Worley Labs are usually quite quick about sorting out new license codes, so send them an email or even give them a ring to sort things out (might be worth the cost of a transatlantic call if it gets you back in business, just don;t forget to allow for the time difference:D ). This isn't a Bank Holiday weekend in the States :thumbsup:

Infinite
08-25-2007, 12:42 PM
Just as I suspected this didnt work. Looks like I wont be able to do anything until Newtek decide to answer my email which I sent Friday morning....:thumbsdow

Infinite
08-27-2007, 08:04 AM
I have emaild Newtek Europe again today about my dongle and nothing!

That's the third time since friday.

My OLD LOCK ID is locked on the registration page so I can tupdate my old serial number LOCK ID to the new one. It's beyond a joke now....

NEWTEK HEEELP!!

Qexit
08-27-2007, 08:11 AM
According to their website, Newtek Europe's Tech Support is only around Mon-Fri 2.00pm-5.30pm CET. Maybe you should try giving them a call before they shut up shop today ?

http://www.newtek-europe.com/uk/contacts/contact.html

Given the seriousness of your situation, I think it's what I would do:

+33 (0)557 262 262

Infinite
08-29-2007, 09:39 AM
Hey Kevin,

Cheers for your advice. I rang Newtek Europe today, Remarkably none of the tech staff were in the office. So the emails I had sent over Friday to today weren’t even being read. The Tech staff are off?! A slight joke.

So who knows when somebody from Newtek will be able to help a paying customer register there own software.