PDA

View Full Version : Who won the L[6] bughunt?

skanky
08-23-2007, 05:30 PM
Back in the day when Lightwave 6 was Beta, there was a competition for finding and documenting the most bugs. I can't remember what the prize was, but I'm sure it was cool. Anyway, I don't remember ever hearing who won.

Anyone?

UnCommonGrafx
08-23-2007, 08:08 PM
I'll ask:
Who cares?

IMI
08-23-2007, 10:30 PM
I'll ask:
Who cares?

Well, obviously one person, at least, cares.
Seemed like an honest question, perhaps equally worthy of being either answered or ignored, but to answer with sarcasm when one could have just as well have ignored...

skanky
08-24-2007, 01:22 AM
It's simple. It's like an annoying song that gets stuck in your head. For no reason, I was thinking of the L[6] Beta, and remembered the bug hunt thing. If don't know about it, no problem.

UnCommonGrafx
08-24-2007, 05:38 AM
Skanky,
The annoying song part, I can relate to. Hope someone answers your question; I don't even remember hearing of said contest nor the results of it.

IMI, you could have taken your own advice. ;) My surly moment didn't have to turn into yours.

As my VT is working in my new box, I feel much better this am. Let's all ride that wave of betterment for the day.

Sil3
08-24-2007, 05:58 AM
The prize was LW6 T-Shirt if I recall correctly...this was during the mailing list time, there were no Forums as we use them today...is the mailing list still active?

skanky
08-24-2007, 07:16 AM
Naah, must have been more than a T-Shirt. I got a T-Shirt with the Beta at the start.... Oh well, maybe it's been lost in the sand of time - the T-Shirt has.

The mailing list was good. I actually think that was better than the forum, but that's probably just me.

IMI
08-24-2007, 05:55 PM
IMI, you could have taken your own advice. ;) My surly moment didn't have to turn into yours.

Well, you're just a surly-provoker is what you are. :D
Nah, you're right. I was having my own surliness troubles last night as it was. Sorry about that. :)

Chuck
08-24-2007, 05:59 PM
I think anyone who would have known the answer is no longer at NewTek.

skanky
08-24-2007, 06:57 PM
Well Chuck, in that case, I declare myself the winner! Yeah, I ruled.