PDA

View Full Version : Render Display and Aspect Ratio.

ivanze
08-23-2007, 04:17 PM
Is there a way to make the render display to show the correct aspect ratio? I'm working in wide screen aspect and it looks squashed.

JamesCurtis
08-23-2007, 04:47 PM
If you are refering to a rendered image seen on the monitor - none that I'm aware of. LCD and CRT computer monitors use a 1:1 square pixel format. The OGL interface "Camera View" should be correct though.

Unlike Photoshop CS2, which has a selection to work in a "video aspect" mode, LW does not. It would make a great feature to be able to show a render in a "corrected aspect" form though.

Not sure though how it is with a Widescreen HDTV with a PC input. I have a WS HDTV with the hookup, but no computer close enough to try it out.

Lightwolf
08-23-2007, 04:49 PM
Which version of LW are you using? Since 9.0 - or at least 9.2 - the aspec ratio is being taken into account... However, only in the render status panel.
Unfortunately the image viewer completely ignores pixel aspects...

Cheers,
Mike

ivanze
08-23-2007, 08:25 PM
Lw 9.2. Yes, the render status shows it right, but the image viewer does not. IT would be a good feature. :)

kosmodave
08-23-2007, 11:06 PM
Also noticed that when rendering an animation out to Matrox RTX100 DVCam PAL 16*9 wide screen, I noticed that when imported into Adobe Premier Pro 1.5 the clip appears in the bin and source viewer as a standard 4*3. However when placed on the timeline it shows up in the output viewer and plays normally as a widescreen image. Is there some ident info not being saved by Lightwave?

Surrealist.
08-23-2007, 11:22 PM
Do you get this with other clips in 16:9?

ivanze
08-24-2007, 09:08 AM
You have to use interpret footage in premiere and change it to the aspect ratio that you used in lightwave.

fgreen
08-24-2007, 03:10 PM
I have an ATI FireGL V7200 driving a widescreen LCD panel. The cool thing about this card is that the drivers come with presets to automatically correct for numerous applications, including Lightwave (see attached). I also have a Matrox RTX-2 and use most of the Adobe apps. After selecting the preset for Lightwave, the aspect ratios look correct in all apps and windows. It's a pricey card, but has made a world of difference with a widescreen monitor.