PDA

View Full Version : Dynamics and Particles Freezing Lightwave

ice_blade_za
08-23-2007, 09:22 AM
This is a bit annoying since I have had to kill Layout about 4 times already today. I'm running Lightwave 9.3 (64bit) on a Windows Xp 64 OS. When I'm busy calculating reactions on the "Dynamics" tab and I click on the FX to change parameters with out stopping the calculation it freezes for over a minuet. Since this system is a duel processor with duel cores (of which FX only uses one core when calculating) I would expect to get control back a bit faster than that. There have been a few times that it froze for about five minuets before I just killed the whole layout.

Working with dynamics and particles is a learning curve on the best of days, but these freezes and pauses make the process a lot harder.

kevman3d
08-23-2007, 06:52 PM
To cancel the Dynamic calculations, press CTRL and hold it down.

You can't generally change settings if the software is trying to calculate a simulation at the same time. The software is busy mathematically calculating things. You have to stop, change, recalculate if this is the case... :D

Multiple CPU's don't generally mean faster performance overall, only in areas where the software your running is designed to spread the load onto those extra cpu's - for example, rendering should be nice and fast if you set it up to multithread...

SplineGod
08-23-2007, 07:31 PM
Also reduce the number of particles initially until you like the result and then bump it back up.