PDA

View Full Version : how i get 9.3 out of discovery mode

KillMe
08-22-2007, 01:31 PM
ok i install the 9.3 update - so its sitting in the newtek folder along with 9 and 9.2

i run it thinking its an update it should just go - it doesn't it goes into discovery mode tells me to register with newtek

so i go to newtek login and try and register lightwave and it tells me my serial number should be registered with newtek europe

i go to newtek europe and go to register select uk enter my login again and then try to register it again and bang it tells me this should be registered with newtek europe =/

and i should still be using the the pre lw 9 upgrade serial? as thats the only one i seem to have

ahhhhhh why wont it work.... HELP!!!

Phil
08-22-2007, 01:40 PM
You don't need to re-register it. Your 9.0 license key will work with any released 9.x update.

You might need updated dongle drivers, and check that license.key in the programs folder for 9.3 is the same as for 9.2 or 9.0.

colkai
08-22-2007, 01:40 PM
You should be able to just copy across your 9.0 license.key and away you go. Leastways, I did.

EDIT: Doh! - beaten by seconds :p

KillMe
08-22-2007, 01:42 PM
pahhhh lying lightwave it told me i had to register it =/ but yeah seems copying and pasting the license file worked

Exception
08-22-2007, 03:12 PM
It's lying to you because it wants to be with me.
C'mere little baby... I'll treat you better... I'll make you a star, I will...

colkai
08-23-2007, 02:13 AM
You're not well....

...You know that don't you? :D

Phil
08-23-2007, 02:21 AM

Suddenly your avatar makes much more sense :D