PDA

View Full Version : DFX+ rtv + alpha

James Moore
06-25-2003, 02:05 PM
Okay, we paid our money and we've got the DFX+ from the LW8 upgrade special but...

We are installing DFX+ on a non toaster machine.

When DFX+ is opening it gives an error message "Can't find winrtme or one of its components...." --isn't that a toaster thingy??

We can load 720x480 rtv's and 720x486 rtv's but, if there is an alpha in the 720x486 rtv, it won't load.

We can write only 720x480 rtv's even though it calls it a videotoaster2 file but the resolution is only 720x480 and no alpha can be included (it does offer a PAL resolution as well).

Are we missing something here? Will Newtek or Eyeon be addressing these problems? It makes the software ....not so useful to us at the moment.

Azod
06-25-2003, 02:31 PM
Please send your question to our tech support channel.

[email protected]

Cheers,

Adam

James Moore
06-26-2003, 10:59 AM
I've contacted the tech support folks, and I must say I've been very impressed by their responsiveness. I'm starting to be a DFX fan!

inquisitive
06-26-2003, 04:08 PM
would you mind posting the answers to your issues for the benefit of the rest of the readers?

Your post may save someone that experiences the same issue at 1am in the morning.

Thanks

James Moore
06-27-2003, 06:59 AM
I'll sure keep y'all posted...so far we are working torward a solution, but we're not quite there yet.

James Moore
07-18-2003, 12:29 PM
Well, here we are 3 weeks later and was has happened. Nothing. I fired off some emails to my dealer, Newtek, and DF early this week. I got an email back from DF saying "...the case is still open, they will let me if and when something happens". I replied "if and when, that doesn't sound too encouraging". I asked for comments from my Dealer and Newtek, and the silence is pronounced. Maybe I should start rattling my cage for my money back?

C'mon, a compositing program for Newtek stuff that can't handle the basic compositing format -rtv + alpha?? How the world am I to effciently make those UFO's fly around Shrub's head????

Liber777
07-18-2003, 01:21 PM
Hi James,

Sounds like you're going to have to make a little more noise. From what I've seen, eyeon seems to be very responsive to their user community. Have you joined the mailing list at pigsfly? It wouldn't hurt to bring it up there as well.

Warmest,
Stivan

James Moore
07-18-2003, 01:30 PM
My impression is that the problem is coming more from the Newtek side. At least Eyeon respons. AFAIK LW can't even handle rtv + alpha at the moment. I think Newtek needs to supply Eyeon with the necessary files.

No, I haven't tried pigsfly, I'll check it out, though DFX won't play much of a role in my life until it can handle the Newtek files properly. AE does!