PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Select Connected (']')

Kuki
08-21-2007, 07:00 PM
As I click on a let`s say polygon the rest of the object is also selected.
anyone knows a script or a plug-in that does that ?

Sensei
08-21-2007, 07:53 PM
I don't understand.. ']' is built-in LW.. If it's built-in why somebody would replicate exactly the same functionality as is already available?

tajino
08-22-2007, 01:01 AM
Probably Kuki meant a selection mode tool that with one click will select the connected polygons, sort of like element-connected selection mode like in Max

Sensei, is it possible for you to write a selection plugin that works like rectangular marquee selection. I know there is volume selection, but that isn;t a direct click drag select type of tool. Does the SDK allow modeler tool class to make selections?

voriax
08-22-2007, 01:23 AM
As I click on a let`s say polygon the rest of the object is also selected.
anyone knows a script or a plug-in that does that ?

I don't get it .. you already know ] does it, but you want it to do it automatically? Which means you would have to select the "automatic select connected" tool, then select a poly in the object you want to select all of?

Either way it's a two-step procedure. I'll stick with the old ] key.

Sensei
08-22-2007, 01:28 AM
Sensei, is it possible for you to write a selection plugin that works like rectangular marquee selection. I know there is volume selection, but that isn;t a direct click drag select type of tool. Does the SDK allow modeler tool class to make selections?

No, not possible in currently available LW SDK.. MeshEditData that's sent to MeshEditTool plug-in class has pntSelect, polSelect and edgeSelect() functions set to NULL pointer..

cagey5
08-22-2007, 01:34 AM
I think his point is, if there was such a tool you could go into single click selection mode and use it to, for example, quickly strip down and hide object elements. click, minus key, click, minus key, click .... etc.

Not a great deal to do it the existing way admittedly, but I would have use for it if it were available.

zardoz
08-22-2007, 06:26 PM
in this thread you have a beta plugin from pictrix that will do just that...it will move all connected points simply by moving one of the points.
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52339

in another post in that thread BeeVee writes that you can do the same if you use drag tool with falloff set to point radial and a radius of 1 km or so...depending on the measure of the meshes in that layer.

Castius
08-22-2007, 07:59 PM
It would be nice to have as a selection mode. But not really far off with the keyboard shortcut.

For move/Rotation/Scale Tools I fake it with the Falloff set to point radial. You just set the radius to an extreamly large value.