PDA

View Full Version : Z depth errors

Rusherific
08-21-2007, 12:49 PM
I'm doing a project that involves papers and envelopes lying on top of eachother fairly closely, and when I try and render with an advanced camera (any of them), I get z-errors where polygons pop through objects that should be in front. I though perhaps I had made mistakes modeling, but if I switch to the classic camera, everything renders fine. Has anyone else noticed this with the advanced cameras? That closely layered polys error with the advanced cameras? It's too bad because the anti-aliasing on the advanced cameras treats small text much better but I have no choice I can't use it...

Ztreem
08-21-2007, 01:07 PM
be sure that you don't have any non planar polys, I think the new cameras is a little more sensitive then the old classic one.

Exception
08-21-2007, 11:09 PM
Tried Z-Buffer anti aliasing?

toby
08-22-2007, 10:48 PM
I though perhaps I had made mistakes modeling, but if I switch to the classic camera, everything renders fine.
That really doesn't mean that your geometry is good enough; the classic renderer is one of the most forgiving renderers I've ever seen. Notice in Modeler that your threshold for what it considers Non-Planar is .5, (General Options) set it to .25 or even lower, then see if there's any non-planars.