PDA

View Full Version : lwsn and wsn in lw3

hypriit
08-21-2007, 07:29 AM
Hi,

I had network rendering problems in lw since version 9.2..(missing output directory)..OK i know what caused that. It didn't save images and lwsn windows didn't show the saving process eiter..it was OK : )

Now in version 9.3 it shows me text "Writing rgb image..etc" But it don't save it.Rendering folder is empty after rendering.

In my own computer lwsn and wsn are working perfectly, all shortcuts are linked over network to a maped drive ..Settings are the same like in netowk
computer.

But in network computer wsn is not opening and lwsn is not saving.

What may be the problem ?

All the best

Sensei
08-21-2007, 05:23 PM
Output directory where final render images will be placed, must be sub-folder of current Content Directory of LWSN.EXE that you set by command argument -d..

voriax
08-21-2007, 10:57 PM
May be not finding the image saver plugins? Make sure all your nodes are pointed at the right plugins directory in the LW9.CFG file, to be sure they are reading the correct files.

A while back I set one of my nodes looking at plugins on a local directory. Of course, once I upgraded, the CFG that the node was reading was pointing to different directory name, so the node wasn't seeing the image saver plugins, and so wasn't writing files - even though it was saying "Writing RGB file".

Silly Screamernet doesn't let you know what the problem is, it likes to confuse you.

This would explain why WSN isn't opening either .. the CFG is telling it to look in a certain directory to find the FP3.P plugin file, and it doesn't see it.
Go to a command prompt and run the batch file to start a node manually and see what error message it gives you?

hypriit
08-22-2007, 12:36 AM
Lightwave and plugins are in my local c drive.In LWEXT9.CFG the path name is
Class "ImageSaver"
Name "LW_PNG32(.png)"
Module "C:\\Program Files\\NewTek\\LightWave 3D 9.3\\Plugins\\input-output\\png.p" ..

I have maped LightWave 3D 9.3 to R:\
Should i install all the plugins in network drive "R:\plugins" or node can read it from my local C:\ Drive where thoe config file is directing it?

Node target that im using R:\Programs\lwsn.exe -2 -cR:\Configs R:\Command\job1 R:\Command\ack1

I think it can read cuz in version 8.0 there wasn't problems with the same settings. everything was working and ok.

My content folder is - network drive. And the rendering destination is a folder in that drive..

voriax
08-22-2007, 08:54 AM
Well, if you have the identical file structure on your nodes as on your main machine, it should work alright. Have you upgraded the folder names on the nodes to 9.3 instead of 8, 9 or 9.2?

I get around this by having the nodes find the plugins on the controller rather than locally. This requires having a separate LW9EXT.CFG file to use the mapped drive path rather than a local directory. It also means if you add any new plugins that need to be used by the network, you have to remake the CFG. Not very efficient, I know. I should start doing the local drive thing.