PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Set Help

jeffpayne
08-19-2007, 07:04 PM
Anyone know how to really construct the type of virtual sets that are included with Tricaster, complete with reflections, etc.? The free constructor that's downloadable upon purchase doesn't really seem to be the whole ticket, but then again I'm new here.

I am reasonably proficient at Lightwave and also with LWcad, so I can definitely fabricate the sets, I want to know how to map DVR's to parts of it and get live reflections of the talent like the samples do.

Will this be a program plug-in for Lightwave, or what?

Jeff Payne
Newtek's Newest Reseller

hismessagemedia.com

Paul Lara
08-20-2007, 08:54 AM
Jeff,
NewTek's release of Virtual Set Constructor (which is available when you register STUDIO) is merely the first step. The virtual sets we include with TriCaster STUDIO providing real-time reflections, shadows, refraction and more were indeed created with LightWave 3D. NewTek is working on an advanced utility to give you those photo-real powers in your own live virtual sets.

Virtual Set Constructor is just the beginning.

jeffpayne
08-20-2007, 10:00 AM
That's great! Any ballparks on a date for that? I mean, obviously it can already be done, as you're doing it, so should be a matter of making user friendly, writing a script or something huh?

Thanks for the quick response.