PDA

View Full Version : Relativity Sliders not very interactive

clintonman
08-19-2007, 03:14 PM
I was experimenting with the relativity slider and it doesn't update the perspective view. I used the scene professor Dr Channel Manager to create a group and channel. Next I added the new channel to a null using the Dr Rel Channel Picker. Clicked on Make Rel Interactive and activated the relativity slider. If I move the slider I can see the animation curve in the graph editor change, but the 3d view doesn't change unless I move the time slider.

Am I missing a step or is that just the way those sliders work? The only workaround I see is to set the play range to 1 frame, push play and slide the slider.

Clinton

Limbus
08-20-2007, 03:32 PM
Check if you have the "lazy layout update" option checked in the graph eitor options. If so, uncheck it and see if it works better.

Cheers, Florian

clintonman
08-20-2007, 07:35 PM
Check if you have the "lazy layout update" option checked in the graph eitor options. If so, uncheck it and see if it works better.

Cheers, Florian
At first I thought you were joking, but no the "lazy layout update" is not checked.

Clinton

ericsmith
08-20-2007, 10:25 PM
This may be due to a problem introduced in 9.2 where layout doesn't update properly when items are modified from non-modal panels.

I've experienced this problem both with graph editor where moving a keyframe around in graph editor doesn't update in Layout until you stop moving the mouse. This issue also affects Maestro in the same manner.

Eric

clintonman
08-21-2007, 11:39 PM
Thanks for the answers. I guess I'll just stick to my 1 frame play workaround for now.

Clinton