PDA

View Full Version : UB 9.3 Transpaernt windows?

aa1037
08-19-2007, 01:07 PM
Hi,

The transparent window option: Increase Transparency (command +) doesn't seem to work on the regular keyboard but does seem to work on the numeric keypad.

Also, if you hold down the command + or - as opposed to tapping you get a selection error message or if you use the keypad, a load object menu appears.

Anybody else getting this, or is this maybe because I running it on a PPC (10.4.8).

Thanks.

Chilton
08-19-2007, 01:20 PM
Hi,

The keyboard shortcuts are + and -, which technically is shift+command+ '='.

See if that helps. It's possible our last minute change to allow command+F9 rendering to slip past Exposť's default F9 trigger, has caused other side effects in this case.

-Chilton

aa1037
08-19-2007, 02:24 PM
I apologize - my mistake - I should pay more attention to the actual shortcuts. Works as advertised :)

Chilton
08-19-2007, 04:07 PM
Glad to hear it!

While this sounds like a goofy feature, consider that if you have PhotoBooth (or any other iSight viewing app) open in the background, you can use this feature to see live objects through the viewports, without switching apps.

-Chilton

aa1037
08-19-2007, 05:10 PM
Chilton - I think it's a cool feature - but I 've got another question for you - what's "Translucent Menus" do? I've tried activating it but I'm not sure what suppose to happen - or a least I don't notice anything different.

Thanks again.

Chilton
08-19-2007, 05:41 PM
It changes the popup menus in the app. It's a tiny, entirely aesthetic feature.

-Chilton