PDA

View Full Version : Possible Bug - Saving Scenes.

StevieB
08-18-2007, 08:52 PM
I've been working on a moutain landscape scene that I've been following from Lightwave's video tutorials and now that I was at the end I saved the scene. After reopening it I noticed that my scene looked like it did 25 minutes ago (a ton of work) and didn't have any of the multiple textures I added for specularity and bump mapping exc... When I render it however it renders the same scene as if it had all of them still as a part of the files information.

!!!THIS IS KILLING ME!!!

I can't change the render size, and I don't want this to happen every time.

Somebody, ANYbody - PLEASE HELP!!! :(

SplineGod
08-18-2007, 10:09 PM
You need to also save the object since the texture information is part of the object and not the scene.

StevieB
08-18-2007, 10:29 PM
AHA, thanks man - I'm newer so I don't know how the clock ticks behind lightwaves programming. Does that mean that my texture information is lost and I have to do it again?.... (please no, please no, please no) haha.

iconoclasty
08-19-2007, 02:24 PM
Once you close the scene any changes you made to the objects (textures) are lost. You have to save the individual object you worked on or choose the save all objects option.

I think starting with 9.2 a new dialog comes up on scene exit that makes it a little more clear what objects need saving.