PDA

View Full Version : Particles since V9

Gr1mRe4pEr
08-18-2007, 12:42 PM
Hi, I'm having a problem since V9.2.

Basically, I have an emitter (Missile) that emits x amount of particles between an enveloped set of frames. I have another emitter (smoke trails) parented to my missile emitter with nozzle set to "Parent Emitter". This should mean that particles emit from the particles emitted from my Missile emitter yes?

My problem is, since V9, when my envelope goes to 0 on my Missile emitter, my smoke trails emitter also stops and no longer emits, even though my missile particles are actually still flying through the scene. I'm sure I'm missing something simple, but 9.3 didn't solve it.

Thanks guys

Gr1mRe4pEr
08-18-2007, 12:49 PM
Scratch that. I always find the problem moments after I've posted on a forum, even though Ive been racking my brains for the past hour, GRRR!

I didn't mention that I have my Missile emitter envelopes parented to a control null, and my missiles emitters were parented to that null. My X Scale controlled the envelopes and when I scaled the envelopes down, everything parented to it scaled to 0, obviously causing my problem. After a bit of re-parenting, I've sorted it.

zapper1998
08-18-2007, 01:26 PM
U had me going there for a moment..

i need a bigger cooffee cup.....