PDA

View Full Version : Help "Contents" opens blank UB 9.3

aa1037
08-18-2007, 10:28 AM
Hi,

When I try to open the Contents from the Help file in either Modler or Layout - the Mac Help application opens but it opens with a blank window? Anybody else getting this and might be able to offer up a fix?

Thanks.

(Using the UB version on a PPC with Mac OS 10.4.8)

Largemedium
08-19-2007, 03:20 PM
Hi,

When I try to open the Contents from the Help file in either Modler or Layout - the Mac Help application opens but it opens with a blank window? Anybody else getting this and might be able to offer up a fix?

Thanks.

(Using the UB version on a PPC with Mac OS 10.4.8)

You need to download and install the help menu. You can find it under "my downloads" in the registration area. I believe they keep the help document module separate so that it can be modified without affecting application. Once downloaded, unzip it and click on the flashdocs pkg. The version posted is for LightWave 9.2, but it should work.

Okay... never mind. I just tried it and it's not loading. The install went okay, but when I tried the help menu, the screen is still blank. Rats!

Anybody else?

Chilton
08-19-2007, 04:05 PM
This will be rectified in the next update of the docs. In the interim, you can open the doc help book directly by going to /Library/Documentation/Help and opening the LightWave help book.

-Chilton

SP00
11-09-2007, 05:42 PM
This will be rectified in the next update of the docs. In the interim, you can open the doc help book directly by going to /Library/Documentation/Help and opening the LightWave help book.

-Chilton

Can someone point me in the direction to uninstall the mac help? I'm going to wait for the next release instead. Is it as simple as just deleting the help book file? Are there other files that will also need to be uninstall? I'm new to the mac OS, I like it, but I wish they had a uninstall features like windows.

riki
12-02-2007, 06:15 AM
I worked out a hack, not sure if it's the best way. It's installed here

HD>Library>Documentation>Help>Lightwave.help

RM Click or CNTRL Click on the "Lightwave.help" icon and select "Show Package Contents". Then navigate to

HD>Library>Documentation>Help>Lightwave.help>Contents>Resources>MacLightWaveIntro.html

Open this in you browser and bookmark it for future reference.

riki
12-02-2007, 06:21 AM
You can also hack your preferences to point to this file.

bethel
12-03-2007, 06:17 PM
Same thing here. It used to work but it no longer works on LW 9.2 or intel