PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Dongle Swap

wulfie
08-17-2007, 12:16 PM
I know there are a million posts about entering your permanent license key. Since reading them, I am now frightened.

I built a new machine. I have Lightwave 9.0 on both my old machine and my new machine. Before I can really use my new machine, I need to swap dongles since Sasquatch and Fprime are attached to my old dongle. (I also need to continue using Lightwave on the old machine.) So do I simply switch dongles and type in their respective permanent license keys in the help_ enter license key window and everything will still work? Really really hoping for a yes here. When I upgrade to 9.3 will I have a mess? Different serial numbers and all that?

It's always just so much easier to seek your sage wisdom before I create a mess:)

Thank you!

Weetos
08-17-2007, 12:32 PM
The Enter_License menu command allows only one license number as far as I know

However, you can store multiple license numbers in your license.key. Just edit with your text editor of choice (even notepad is fine) and enter your license numbers, one per line, save your license key. Done :)

You can now plug any of your dongles, and start LW :) ( I don't know if FPrime can work this way, I guess it is tied to only one dongle ID)

Cheers :)

wulfie
08-17-2007, 07:16 PM
I'll give that a try! Thank you very much Weetos!:bowdown:

wulfie
08-18-2007, 12:27 PM
I had no problems on the older machine. The newer machine did not recognize the older dongle. These dongles don't even look alike. My newer one is black with a little light on it and my older one is purple and probably at least 5 years old. Anyway I get a dialogue box saying that LW can't find the license key on the newer machine. It didn't give me a dongle ID either so I'm thinking that maybe it didn't see the dongle? When I first turned on the machine it gave me the new hardware.....looking for USB Super Pro drivers......but I didn't know how or where to tell it to look.....In device manager this drive has a question mark by it. Any help will be extreeeeemely appreciated:confused:

Weetos
08-18-2007, 03:17 PM
Ok you need a different driver for the older dongle, here's where you can download the drivers : http://www.safenet-inc.com/support/tech/sentinel.asp
(there are pictures so you can make sure you're downloading the right ones)

Hope this will help :)

wulfie
08-18-2007, 04:35 PM
Thank you!

And did I mention THANK YOU!!!

Weetos
08-18-2007, 05:12 PM
You're welcome wulfie :)