PDA

View Full Version : Short Film edited with SpeedEDIT was presented 8-16-2007

BeniToaster
08-17-2007, 01:06 PM
Hola
The Short Film "Lugares Secretos" (Secret Places) was presented yesterday at a Premiere Cinemex Real complex in downtown Mexico City.
This film was shot in 16mm film, transfered to HD on a Cintel Telecine with DaVinci Color corrector and Teranex Noise Reducer captured in Premiere Pro uncompressed BlackMagic codec and edited on SpeedEDIT and final color grading with Bob Tasa 3 wheeler.
For more information on this short film visit:
http://www.lugaresecretos.com.mx/

Thanks

joseburgos
08-17-2007, 07:18 PM
Nice work and I really like the web page.
Question, did you use the Blackmagic hardware with SE and if so, explain the workflow please?

Bobt
08-17-2007, 09:51 PM
I LOVE the clasic black and white look.
WOW.. very cool.
And a couple of the color shots. Someone worked on lighting..

Bob

Ivan
08-18-2007, 01:50 PM
Very nice and congratulations. I am curious why you chose to use Bob's 3 Wheeler rather than the 3 Wheel color correction included in SE? Is it better, easier or does it offer more options?

Ivan

BeniToaster
08-18-2007, 05:41 PM
Hola.
The workflow that I used for this short film is:
The color part was filmed with 16mm Kodak vision film 200T for texture.
The B/W part was film with 16mm b/w reversal film (developed as negative to get the classic look and texture). The glow was achived on the DaVinci.
All the 16mm footage was all transfered in SD to mini DV with TC and KK (film keycode) burn in, ussing Cintel Telecine and the VT4.6
It was cut ussing Final Cut Pro (that was is the system that editor use)
Then all the good shots where retransfered from the negatives in HD 1080i from the Cintel Telecine, color corrected with DaVinci and a Teranex Noise Reducer, captured with BlackMagic Multibridge Extreme in BMD8bitHD with Adobe Premiere.
Then the final edit was done in realtime at 1080i on SpeedEDIT and the audio sync in 5.1 channel audio.
The final color grading was done with Bob 3 wheeler because of the extra tools for color correction.
For now we have the master in HD 1080i, but we plan to make the data to film latter this month, just by exporting the SpeedEDIT project to 24fps .tga sequence for use in the Film recorder system. Then do a final mix and transfer of the audio in Churubusco THX certified sound mixing stage for Dolby 5.1 optical print.
Hope this helps for more on the DI workflow chek my web site:
www.digitalsprockets.net

Paul Lara
08-20-2007, 10:19 AM
VERY cool, Benjamin!