PDA

View Full Version : Can Screamernet change it content directory per scene?

SP00
08-17-2007, 01:23 AM
Hi, I set a new content directory per project. It seems to work well for me that way, but you can only set 1 content directory for the nodes in the .bat files. Is there a way to setup screamernet to switch content directory per scene? Thanks.

dwburman
08-17-2007, 03:42 PM
I think if you leave out the content directory section in the LWSN command it'll use the scene file's content directory.

It's been a while since I've set up a ScreamerNet but I don't think I specified the content dir when I set them up.

SP00
08-18-2007, 10:18 AM
I tried that, but it just gets confused and can't find my scene files. Oh man, I don't like all this preparation work. Is there another solution to screamernet?

voriax
08-18-2007, 10:51 AM
Are you saying you make a new directory for each project, eg you have a project called "BoxBox", so you make a dir called BoxBox and inside that make subdirs for Objects, Scenes, Textures, etc? Have you got a separate Projects directory that contains all your projects?

I can see how that would be a better solution sometimes .. But that would cause a lot of problems with Screamernet as SN bases itself on finding everything in particular places.

Back in the old days I used to store everything in their own project directories .. then I realised LW works better when you separate the stuff into just Objects\(projectname) and Scenes\(projectname). It's nice to keep them separate.